Cross Docking Services
Many companies across Texas have benefited from using our Austin and San Antonio cross docking services because they can help reduce labor costs, improve customer satisfaction through reduced delivery times, and decrease the need for warehouse space.
Cross-docking works by giving your suppliers a central place to send your products, parts, and deliveries. The cross-docking facility sorts these, puts the appropriate pieces and parts together, and packs up the orders to go out to your retail locations, distributors, or customers directly.
Austin and San Antonio cross docking allows you to streamline your business. You no longer have to deal with disparate suppliers and their varied delivery and shipment times, and your need for storage space is also gone, as all products are shipped directly to the cross-docking facility, where they’re sorted, packed, and sent out immediately. It’s an ideal supply-and-demand solution that cuts costs and improves your efficiency across the board.
For shipments, our cross docking services can include any of the following:
- Lift gate services
- UPS, FedEx, and USPS
- Same-day shipping
- In-house contract carrier
- Advance shipping notices and GPS tracking
Using cross-docking can drastically lower your operational costs, eliminating the need for a warehouse facility, staff, and equipment. It also helps you better match inventory to accommodate your customer’s demands and can increase transportation efficiencies, especially if your cross docking facility offers freight and logistics.
Additionally, there’s no time-consuming put-away process. Instead of receiving supply shipments, unpacking them, and storing them on shelves, those products get put into use right away. This allows you to reduce:
- 3PL warehouse requirements
- Inventory levels
- Transportation costs
- Fuel costs
Cross docking services are quickly increasing in demand. In fact, according to a survey completed by The Cross-Docking Trends Reports, there has been a 16.5 percent increase in the use of cross docking in the last three years. If you’re looking to reduce costs or increase efficiency at your business, it may be time to jump on the bandwagon.
Types of Cross-Docking
There are several types of cross docking services. The right one all depends on your business goals and the end result you’re looking for.
Here are a few of the cross docking services we offer:
- Retail –We receive products from various vendors and sort those for outbound shipping. They all ship together, directly to your retail store locations.
- Transportation– This involves receiving shipments from a number of different carriers in the less-than-truckload (LTL) and small package industries. This is perfect if you don’t have high order volume.
- Opportunistic –This is used in any warehouse to transfer a product from the receiving dock to fill a customer sales order right on the spot. It speeds up shipping time and cuts storage costs.
- Manufacturing –This is the process of receiving purchased and inbound products that are required by manufacturing. We receive the products and then put together sub-assemblies for the production orders.
- Distributor –This is used when components from several sources are used to make a single product. All the pieces are sent inbound to us and put in a mixed product pallet for distribution.
In addition to the different types of cross docking, the process also works with all sorts of products and items. Some of the best-suited products for cross docking services include:
- Promotional items
- Perishable items that require immediate shipment
- Pre-packaged orders from another warehouse
- Products that are pre-tagged (bar coded, RFID), pre-ticketed, and ready for sale
- Products in constant demand (and storage offers no benefit)
- Items not requiring quality inspections
Do you sell any of these items? Then our Austin or San Antonio cross docking services may be a great choice for you. They can streamline your business, reduce your costs, and make your operation more efficient on the whole.
Contact the Dependable Express cross docking team today to discuss your needs or to receive more information.
What Our Customers Say
Dependable Express is not only our all-time favorite delivery provider, but a company for which I have great respect. I am consistently impressed with their superb performance and innovation. They are the industry experts we rely on.
- IBM Houston, TX
From an envelope to pallets, we strive to make every transaction a great customer service experience. By selecting Dependable Express for your logistical & warehousing needs, you can rest assured your deliveries arrive on time and on-budget.<< Less Info
People often ask "When do I have to have this ready by?" With Dependable Express, our deadline is your deadline. We work around the clock, 24/7, 365 days a year.<< Less Info